Cancer Center Director
Board Certified Radiation Oncologist
Steven Eric Finkelstein received his M.D. from the University of Michigan in 1997 graduating cum laude eruditions causa. He joined the National Cancer Institute (NCI), National Institutes of Health (NIH) as Clinical Associate in 1999 and completed both Surgical Oncology Fellowship as well as Clinical Immunotherapy Fellowship in 2004. Following completion of an additional radiation oncology residency, Dr. Finkelsetein was selected as Chief Resident in Radiation Oncology at Moffitt Cancer Center, the third largest cancer center in the US, In 2011, he joined the 21st Century Oncology Translational Research Consortium (TRC) and was appointed its National Director. In 2014, he was promoted to 21st Century Oncology’s Chief Science Officer, responsible for advancing patient access to novel, advanced cancer center.
Dr. Finkelstein has a special interest in the study and patient care and research of variety of cancers, using radiation driven, and personalized systemic therapy. Accordingly, he holds three International patents pending in the field of “cutting edge” technologies.
Dr. Finkelstein has given national and international lectures, published numerous professional journal articles and written book chapters, resulting in over 2000 reference citations. He also serves on the editorial board of key international journals and was recently appointed Editor-in-Chief of the Journal, Contemporary Radiation Oncology
Dr. Finkelstein and his family have recently relocated to beautiful Panama City, FL.
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology
- Radiological Society of North America
- Radiation Therapy Oncology Group
- Adjunct Associate Professor – Translational Genomics Research Institute (TGEN)
- Director – TRC Animal Radiation-Imaging-Immunotherapy Experimental Laboratory (ARIEL)
- National Principal Investigator – Radiation Therapy Oncology Group (RTOG/NRG)
- Executive Director – Arizona Cancer Research Alliance (ACRA)
- Vice Chairman of Translation Research – Southwest Oncology Group (SWOG) Radiation Committee
- American Society for Therapeutic Radiation and Oncology 51st Annual Meeting Clinical Winner of the Clinical/Basic Science Research Award (RCBSRA)
- RTOG Travel Grant Award
- Gordon Research Conference Travel Grant Award
- RSNA Roentgen Award
- American College of Surgeons, Competitive Forum, First Place for Clinical Science
- International Society of Biological Therapy (iSBTc) 18th Annual Presidential Award